- Search the Collection
- Deschler Mailbox Co. RFD Joroleman-style mailbox
Deschler Mailbox Co. RFD Joroleman-style mailbox
- The Deschler Mailbox Company made this tunnel-style mailbox with a red signal. This style of box was designed in 1915 by Roy J. Joroleman, an engineer for the Post Office Department. This particular box, however, dates from later in the twentieth century.
- Data Source
- National Postal Museum
- 20th Century
- Object number
- Deschler Mailbox Company
- Mail Processing Equipment
- Height x Width x Depth: 12 1/2 × 8 1/4 × 21 in. (31.75 × 20.96 × 53.34 cm)
- United States of America
- See more items in
- National Postal Museum Collection
- The Gilded Age (1877-1920)
- Mail Processing
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.