Tips for finding the right stamps for your lesson plans:
- Each pontificate category (in the International Philately virtual exhibition) has an overview that will give more historical depth to the stamps.
- Many biblical stories are found by searching "Pope John Paul II".
- Pope John Paul II stamps often explored secular subjects.
- World politics, travels, religions, and cultural context can be found under Popes Pius XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, and John Paul II.
- Unique artistic styles, studies of art history, and commemoration of people associated with the arts can be found under Popes John XXIII, Paul VI, and John Paul II stamps.
- The stamps under Pope Pius XI had monochrome images of churches, portraits of the Pope, and the Vatican City symbol.
- Popes Pius XII and John XXIII stamps focus more on commemoration of religious people, observations, and churches.
- Use the Vatican City Collection Topical Reference Page to find more resources about Vatican City stamps on the museum's website.