Create a historical timeline of biblical stories and write a brief narrative of each story. Students will have better memorization of biblical timelines and will be able to express their knowledge in their own words.
- Read the stories of The Baptism of Christ; The Temptation of Christ; The Sermon on the Mount then look at the stamps (without titles).
- Place the stamps in order of the stories.
- Give supporting evidence for the stamps' order of placement.
- What icons are used to represent each story? How did the artist re-create scenes through images rather than through text?
- Is it possible to tell three stories in one image? How?
- Why does the artist of the original artwork choose to represent specific biblical stories? How are they important to students’ overall religious studies?
- Do the stories lead into specific types of Catholic liturgies? How do you think they evolved?